These salted caramel dessert cookies are 100% vegan yet absolutely delicious. They are so decadent you could serve this as the perfect plant-based dessert.
The best thing about this recipe is that the method is so easy it will be your new go-to vegan cookie recipe. If you are new to vegan baking, this recipe is a great place to start. Either way, this vegan Christmas cookie recipe can be served with ice cream, drizzled with salted caramel sauce, or paired with a cup of coffee.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 cup flour
Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Step 1: Using an electric hand mixer, mix margarine and sugar and cream these two ingredients together.
- Step 2: Add baking soda, cornstarch, vanilla extract, almond extract, salt, and almond milk together into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Step 3: Add the flour and mix well to for the cookie dough.
- Step 4: Place 12 level scoops (tablespoon size) on a baking sheet and bake for about 7 – 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Step 5: Let them cool before transferring the cookies to a wire rack.
- Step 6: Sprinkle the cookies with a little sea salt and enjoy.
- Don’t skip the flaky sea salt at the end of the bake, it brings out the flavor of the caramel.
- You can use gluten-free or almond flour as an alternative to plain flour.
- Add ½ cup of white chocolate chips to make these cookies even more, decadent – perfect for Christmas time.
Salted Caramel Dessert Cookies are that little bit special, and they deserve to be enjoyed, so don’t be afraid to add some vegan vanilla icecream to the plate and drizzle extra caramel sauce over the top.
Add a large scoop of vegan icecream between 2 cookies to make a vegan icecream sandwich the kids (and adults) will love.
Leave a Reply